Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Alese Coco - Fight 2 Win Foundation

My husband recently sent me a link to an organization he thought I would be interested in. The Alese Coco – Fight 2 Win Foundation was created two years ago after twenty-three-year-old, Alese Coco, died from her long battle with Hodgkin's Disease. The site has a lot of information on Hodgkin's Disease and ways to help while we continue to search for a cure. I invite all of you to check it out.

On a personal note, reading Alese's story on her Web site really touched my heart. I've been in remission myself from Hodgkin's for twelve years, but reading her experiences brought me back to my own fight like it was yesterday. The types of chemotheraphy she used, the gallium scans, her thoughts on losing her hair—her story was a mirror image of mine. The only difference is I won my fight. That's a blessing that I continue to be thankful for everday, and something that I don't take lightly. With that blessing is a responsibility to pass along awareness until there is a cure. This type of cancer has one of the higher success rates, but it's also one of the fastest spreading. We all need to do our part through activism and education to make sure no more lives are lost. I hope you'll join me.

Thanks for reading,

SensiGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment